Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sources: Wolves to target Derrick Rose in free-agency.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have shown interest in signing free-agent and New York Knick current player Derrick Rose this summer, as league sources told ESPN. The 28-year old will be a free agent this summer.


Last season with the New York Knicks, Rose averaged 18 points and 4.4 assists per game, as his team went disappointing 31-51 record. Rose has a strong relationship with the Timberwolves president but also with the head coach Tom Thibodeau; he played for five seasons under Thibodeau in Chicago. During the regular season, the Wolves and the Knicks have had some trade talks for a package headlined by Rubio and Rose but no agreement was made. Rose however and his agent have both stated that they'd be open to re-signing with the Knicks.

Phil Jackson said he was impressed by Rose expressing a desire to return for the following season as well: "He enjoyed playing here even with the losses, which of course surprises us because he's been on some very successful teams," Jackson said. "But he wants to redeem himself as a player. Which I like that attitude. I like who Derrick represents as himself. He's very direct about taking on a big challenge. At this point, it is unclear which other teams are interested in signing Derrick Rose, all we know at the moment is that the Wolves would welcome Rose in Minnesota and are now front runners with New York in signing them for the 2017-2018 season. Rose, who has a history of serious knee injuries, said in late March that he'd prioritize winning over money as a free agent.



"Not even thinking money. I've got more than enough money saved. If I stopped playing basketball now, I'll be all right," Rose told reporters in Utah on Wednesday night. "I want to win. I want to be happy and feel at peace with myself wherever I'm at. But being at the negotiating table, you never know. I'm not going to negotiate with people where money is the No. 1 thing I'm asking for. I want to win."

What should Rose do? Where would the perfect pick be for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment